Saturday 26 April 2008

toasted


So here is the latest of my many hearts, I'm actually quite pleased with the finish and the blanket stitch, I now really need to make a lot more. I do have a hankering to start another patchwork quilt of hexagonal origin, its just the thought of cutting all those hexagons!!

I got toasted by the sun today, will I never learn!

......................................................................................

I inherited a lot of the plants in my garden when we moved here 2 years ago I have tried to live with them, however the previous owner had a penchant for yellow and red which is not a trend I enjoy at all. No matter what I do I'm always unsatisfied with certain aspects of the garden and cant help thinking I have a garden from the 70s! So I've decided to change what I dont like especially shrubs that I would never have bought myself. As you've probably realised I prefer purples/pinks/greens and I am gradually changing over 'Rome wasnt built in a day' as they say.
Today I have bought a green dogwood, a green hosta and a lovely strawberry coloured foxglove, which I have had before. These are mainly for the shady side of the garden.


Honesty

No comments: